Three things about myself that I am grateful for:
#1 My health. In particular, my mental health- Yes, I know many of us should be grateful for our health. A great deal more grateful than we are. There is a great deal of pain and suffering in this world. Much of it caused by a lot of terrible things. I won't go into those details, as this is more about myself. I look at this blog as a way to keep touch with those that I'm not in normal contact with on a regular basis and additionally a but of an online journal for my children to be able to look back on...hopefully with fondness.
A little over a year ago I was struck with the beginnings of a journey into panic and anxiety. I can openly discuss this on this side of it. I have claimed a victory in this area- by the mercies of God. These mercies allowed me to find friends that had similar circumstances- even folks that don't believe the same things that we do- friends that related their experiences- oh, its so good to not be alone in something like that. I recently added some tidbits about panic and anxiety on a previous post- Thankfulness is a cure- it is a real cure:
Phillipians 4:4-7 reminds us:
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Rejoicing, Praying (crying out to God), Thanksgiving! Freedom!
I will write more on this PAINFUL topic some other time... if you struggle with this, please contact me and I would love to walk through it with you.
#2- My job - 'nuff said, I am so grateful!!
#3- My family - Not just my kids, but my Mom and Dad, my brothers and sister, my aunts and uncles and cousins...they are part of me- I'm so grateful!!! For those of you out there reading this happy little blog- I'm thankful for you- and I love you dearly!
Phillipians 4:4-7 reminds us:
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Rejoicing, Praying (crying out to God), Thanksgiving! Freedom!
I will write more on this PAINFUL topic some other time... if you struggle with this, please contact me and I would love to walk through it with you.
#2- My job - 'nuff said, I am so grateful!!
#3- My family - Not just my kids, but my Mom and Dad, my brothers and sister, my aunts and uncles and cousins...they are part of me- I'm so grateful!!! For those of you out there reading this happy little blog- I'm thankful for you- and I love you dearly!
Peter and Grandma
Grandma and Abigail
Uncle Sean and First Mate James
More to come....






No comments:
Post a Comment