Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

John-David is 9!

Last Wednesday, September 2, John-David Robert turned 9 years old!
He is becoming such a wonderful man of God, I am so blessed to have him as a little brother!
When he was three or so I wondered if he would ever "protect" me like Daddy always told him to but now I have absolutely no fear... No one even recognizes him without his flashlight, multi-tool, and pocket knife strapped to his belt (and by the way, his belt is getting heavier with gadgets! He just added a BB gun holster, and binocular holster!) he is ALWAYS prepared!
Elise O. just told me today that a year ago when he first got his flashlight and holster he came up to her holding it up and said, "If the power ever goes out, just know that there's a flashlight around!"
I love you, JD!



Who says you can't have a gun range in your 1/3 acre backyard?!?!?
(OK, a BB gun range!)


Isn't he CUTE?!?!?!?

The ever-growing utility belt!

He wanted to go to the beach but because of storms, we had to settle for bowling instead!

If you saw our previous bowling post (a year ago, you would see that James won the game and I came in last...well...things were no different this year...)
His ball went so slow that he walked away...



Here's a video...His ball went much faster in the video than it did the first few times!


Abigail wanted to bowl but didn't get any bowling shoes so Daddy helped her out! :)



Go, Hannah!

Emma


Momma was good!


The Scores! E is for Emma, J for James (look at his score compared to the others!), Y for Melody (When Hannah was little she used to call her "Yody" and the nickname stuck!), and B for JD (Birthday Boy).


Happy and I


Momma

After bowling we went home, watched a movie and went swimming!
James- good thing he can't read, 'cause on the blog I can gush all I want about how cute he is!


The birthday boy on his new boogie board...

Abigail...

Yeah...ya know who this is....


Violetta! (I love calling her that!)

And here is the birthday cake!
He told me he wanted a fishing theme so I tried!
(It's not a nice as I envisioned in my head but at least he liked it :))


(If you are wondering what that white thing is on the grass it is a cast net with gummy fish in it... my brothers LOVE to fish with the cast net so I figured it would be a good addition to bring about a "fishing" feel :))

Happy Birthday, John-David!

~Amy

2 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

I've always said since I met you guys that John David is the man to be around in times of trouble. LOL
Sounds like a fun day. We were just at the bowling alley last Monday. We must do that together some time!
Happy Belated Birthday John David!!
Hugs to the whole Bohanan Family!

Super Maw Maw said...

Happy Birthday John David. By the way, I noticed your belt and thought to myself....my little grandsons would TOTALLY love that!!!! Your entire family is just so fabulous!!!