I can still see the doors flung wide open with their screens in place- the pieces that were slightly stretched out flapping with the newly fierce autumn wind... smell the sweetness of fresh rain having caught dying leaves from their homes pulling them down to the ground below. The trees cloaked in the breathtaking vibrance of red, orange and yellow. The backyard covered in a blanket of freshly fallen leaves which I would go out and collect, beholding the favorites with admiration wondering what I could do with them that could display their majesty to the justice of their design. The light scents of sweet, crisp apples at their peak of deliciousness, the Pumpkin Spice coffee brewing, the fresh cool air rushing in-I felt giddy. I wonder if God created this just for me? It was my favorite time of year. This was fall.
The scene that I described above was my beloved recollection of fall up north in the midwest. How I shall miss it!
Not that I am ungrateful for where I am now- no way! I'm am very happy that those very long days of raking and burning leaves are over! (At least for now! :)) I am grateful that we can still have Pumpkin Spice coffee (except instead of just smelling it I can drink it now!). That it will still get cooler, though not as chilly as it did there. That we can color, cut out, and tape leaves all over our house!
The first day of fall happened to be the day that Melody would get her new braces on. So we decided that because she could not eat a caramel apple when she had them on (it's a tradition for us to have caramel apples every fall!) that we would have a fall celebration the day before!
We made our own caramel to dip the apples in and it went- well let me just show you the photos...
 |
The unsuspecting apples
.
|
 |
| The unsuspecting apples with their unfortunate toppings |
 |
| Yep- didn't I tell you they were unsuspecting? (Nice one, Gabby) |
 |
| Baby V and her "Appoos" |
 |
| Dipping them in the not-quite-ready-yet caramel (found that out the hard way!) |
 |
Alyssa C. catching drips
|
 |
Yum!
|
 |
The workers and the process
|
 |
| Mariah C. was very proud of this one. She gave it to John-David and he ate about one third of it then gave it to Emma and said, "Too much chocolate!" I never thought I'd see the day... |
 |
| This one was neat, too, Mariah! |
Thanks, C. Family for helping us in that effort! It was fun!
Earlier that day to get ready for our "Fall Celebration" Hannah, Melody, John-David, and I made sugar cookies in the shapes of leaves! (Ok, I only made the icing and they did the rest!)
 |
| Not a match for the original ones God made but hey, it's a start! :) |
 |
| JD working very hard on perfecting his sprinkle pattern :) |
Last but not least I figured I'd share a picture that HAnnah took of Violet that day...
 |
| Caught red handed with a cookie! Actually it was given to her :) |
Have a blessed day!
~Amy
2 comments:
Hey hey hey!!
You posted...does this mean you will continue too?
Love the post and layout...I was gonna change our backgorund to fall also.
Alyssa
haha this is great! I can't imagine life without fall! Ours has def. started here! It's been SO cold! And how long does Melody have braces on for? Bet she'll look cute with them! :)
Post a Comment