Coupons........ mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
I've just about gotten addicted to Money Saving Mom (I think she probably gets the most hits from me hitting the refresh button all day!) and am living for that next way to stack coupons and get free or next-to-nothing prices!
But I think I have a little bit of a problem... You may have noticed it in my first photo...
My coupons are a mess.
There's where the "time-consuming" part comes in... Hmmm.... Gotta figure that part out. Most of you know that the troubleshooter and practical gal that I am wont let that slide- I am going to figure out a way to make these work for me. Not me for them.
But blessedly for now I have a wonderful sister who is actually as I type organizing my coupons for me. Thanks, Melody! It's like a shortcut... :)
As you can see in the photo I have somewhat of a system worked out... I only need to keep it organized. :) Each coupon category has it's own plastic baggy. Coupons that only work at a particular store or restaurant go in the back flap of the binder. Viola- not too complicated- but I feel there is still a component missing to make it fully efficient. I am going to figure it out.... someday. :)
If you have any extra time today, head over to Money Saving Mom and pick up some deals!
(Like free candles or lotion at Bath and Body Works... My favorite freebies yet!)
Have a blessed and frugal day!

5 comments:
Couponing is hard but I hear its totally worth it, some extreme couponing people save a whole lot of money, I was watching some news rerun video thing and it was about 2 extreme couponers, they both went to the same grocery store with thier coupons to see who was better, one of them had to get a piece of gum so they would have to pay something! They both filled up a whole cart too!
Have a nice day!
~Carol-Anne =)
Amy... I use a filing box system... took a sterlite box that is about 6" wide and 4 or f inches deep with a lid that has a yellow handle... made a bunch of dividers with cardstock and laminated them... it seems to hold everything for all of my categories... these days coupons expire pretty fast so I haven't resorted to a shoe box size one yet ;) I like the handle... but have been debating sewing a cozy with a fabric strap to ensure it never accidentally pops open :)
I know what you mean about time consuming. What a great way to help your family budget though! I like www.thecouponclippers.com
If you get them from here you can get the ones you know you will use and they come clipped. That is a time saver. :) If you ever get your system worked out please share.
I got the Sunday paper for 3 weeks in a row just to look at the coupons and I've discovered that they really don't make coupons for stuff I buy. It's sad but true. But I do waste my time shopping different stores just to save a buck. Does that count? LOL!
Can't wait to see your deals. Make sure you keep us posted. I'd love to see what you buy with them and the money you saved.
Hugs
Kim
Go for it! ;)
Post a Comment