Amy here, I know I haven't been on here in an incredibly long time, but when Daddy asked me if I would "guest post" for the 200th post on this little blog, I simply could not resist!
My dad began this blog with the song after which this blog is named:
On the Verge
Point me in the right directionMake my compass true and point me straight to you
'cause you've laid out all these steps I've made
Don't let my signal fade, help me find my destination....
What started as a song he wrote back in the good 'oil days when playing with the band "remnantaudio" morphed into a blog, chronicling the days of a burgeoning family of...well, now?
Twelve...
Since December of 2006 we've been posting pictures and celebrating our lives...
This little blog has seen the birth announcements of three of my sweet little siblings:
This little blog watched as we all danced to the marshmallow song during tropical storm Fay, witnessed the beginnings of aspiring cake decorators--oh, and the time that James fell asleep in a laundry basket--applauded our hopeful leaf pile, albeit small, gave "Queen Sniffle" the adoration she deserved...
As we grew, for eight years, this little blog sat quietly in the background, enjoying its little opportunities to shine the moments of our lives, the miracles, but mostly just the mundane, everyday life in snapshots.
As I look back on the past eight years, I marvel at God's hand. The addition of my three beautiful siblings. So much we have learned. So many memories we have shared. So much life.
And it was all small stuff. Beauty in the smallness, the boringness of life. Smiling at the little curious conversations I overhear going on in the backseat while I'm driving down the road. Drinking in the feeling of my sweet Paulie sleeping on my chest as I rock back and forth on the porch swing. Those memories above--the thrill of finding enough leaves to make even the smallest of piles, making s'mores over a candle because it's pouring rain outside...
It's life. And it's beautiful.
Thank you, Jesus, for life.
Life, on the verge of eternity.
Let us not grow weary, may we not become faint.
May we not become passive or apathetic to the mundane moments of life.
May we embrace every moment as though it is the moment on the verge...
Of eternity.
"For what is your life?
It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."
~James 4:14b

1 comment:
Nailed it again, sweetie. Thanks for the first 195 posts on this blog... Love you much,
Daddy
Post a Comment